Delivery of Exmar’s Caribbean FLNG pushed back

first_imgLNG World News Stuff Image courtesy of ExmarBelgium’s Exmar, the Nicolas Savery-led shipowner said Thursday it now expects to take delivery of its Caribbean FLNG in May.The FLNG unit is currently located at the Wison Offshore & Marine’s yard in Nantong, China.“Financing of the Caribbean FLNG and final delivery of the unit still remains subject to the approval of the local authorities in the People’s Republic of China, which is expected to be received in the course of May 2017,” Exmar said in its first-quarter results.To remind, the company said in March it would take delivery of the FLNG by the end of this month at which time the last instalment of $200.5 million was due to the Wison yard.The 0.5 mtpa FLNG unit, with a 16,100-cbm storage capacity, was scheduled for delivery to Pacific Exploration and Production in 2015, however, in March last year, the agreement was terminated.Exmar is still in talks to secure an employment for the FLNG. “Progress has been made on the future employment of the Caribbean FLNG and future communication on this is expected in the coming months,” the company said.Exmar added that it is currently pursuing several other FSRU and FLNG projects around the world for which it expects a positive outcome in the coming months.LNG numbers downThe Antwerp-based company said Earnings Before Interest & Tax (EBIT) for its LNG division dropped year-on-year.The EBIT for the LNG and LNG Infrastructure division in the first quarter of 2017 was $5 million compared to $13.3 million the year before.The first-quarter EBIT included a $5 million termination fee from PEP on the Caribbean FLNG.According to Exmar, the results of its LNG division were negatively impacted by the lack of employment of the 138,107-cbm Excel LNG tanker for the first quarter of the year.The vessel started a 3-month time-charter at the end of March with extension options until the end of the year and in line with the current market rates, Exmar said.last_img read more

Read More

Test recall, 2023 World Cup on Bairstow’s mind

first_img(Reuters) – Jonny Bairstow is keen to return to England’s test squad and also wants to help the team retain their 50-overs World Cup title in 2023, the 30-year-old has said. Bairstow played the last of his 70 tests in South Africa in December and was left out of last month’s home series against West Indies as well as the first test against Pakistan, beginning on Wednesday.A test recall “is my burning ambition, but the only way I’m going to do that is to score runs, starting in this ODI series,” he told Sky Sports after his quick-fire 82 secured England’s four-wicket victory in the second One Day International against Ireland on Saturday in Southampton, England.“I’m hopefully going back to Yorkshire to play two four-day games in between this and the T20s. So yeah, the journey to hopefully get back into contention for that starts here.” An important cog in England’s limited-overs squads, he reached his 50 against Ireland in just 21 deliveries – the matching the fastest by an Englishman in one-day cricket.Bairstow reached the 3,000-run milestone in one-day cricket on Saturday and has now set his sights on helping England retain the World Cup he and his teammates won on home soil last year.“We try and reach 4,000, we try and reach even more than that, as long as you’re contributing to the team and playing the way we have been over the last few years. “We’re striving to keep pushing those boundaries forward to 2023. That’s my next bit – I want to be there in 2023 and really pushing and see if we can retain it.”last_img read more

Read More