This Masters tradition is a pictorial surprise

first_imgJordan Spieth tapped in for bogey to win the Masters, bent over briefly and then straightened with a smile. That was his favorite image from his 2015 victory. The best photograph? That was one he never would have seen coming. Spieth figures it was no more than two hours after he made his final putt, right before he joined the Augusta National members for a Sunday night dinner, that the club presented him a picture frame with a collection of photos that he had never seen, mainly because he was busy putting.  “They already had all these different pictures put together in one frame – you, your caddie’s reaction and all the family you had there. My parents. Annie (now his wife).” It also had photos of his brother, Steven, and his grandfather, both on the grounds when he won. The club even managed to get a photo of his sister, Ellie, who was watching from home in Dallas. “Everyone who was with you, all capturing the moment,” Spieth said. Even in a day when photos are more readily available, this is no small task to have it ready to present to the Masters champion before winning has even sunk in. There’s a lot of traditions unlike others. This one doesn’t get much attention. But it sure got Patrick Reed’s attention. Reed, who won in 2018, says he doesn’t keep a lot of golf photos in his office or around the house in Houston. But this one he has in a closet as he tries to find the right place for it. “It’s awesome,” Reed said. “How fast they get it turned around is a joke.” His victory came down to the final putt, a short par for a one-shot victory over Rickie Fowler. “It was literally … I signed my card, the ceremony (on the 18th green), straight to media and then we came back to Butler Cabin as they’re getting the members together for dinner,” Reed said. “It was already sitting there. Some of the photos are when you make the last putt. There’s one of hugging (wife) Justine. “To have all that together, it’s just awesome.”last_img read more

Read More

Georgia Gas Prices Get Closer To $2 Per Gallon

first_img Share Related Stories 0:22 | Play story Add to My ListIn My List This will be a happy new year for commuters heading out of town later this week.Gas prices keep dropping nationwide.In metro Atlanta, a gallon of regular, unleaded now costs $2.32, according to AAA.An audio version of this story.0:22That’s down a dime from last week and 86 cents from this time last year.“Low gas prices are helping consumers save more than $21 for a tank of gasoline compared to the highs earlier this year ($3.70), and that has a positive effect on holiday shopping and travel.  The new year will bring new expectations for even cheaper gasoline. Prices could drop another 3-6 cents by New Year’s Day,” says AAA spokesman Mark Jenkins.The national average for a gallon is $2.29. For Whom The Bell Rings ‘It’s Fractured’: Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan On Healing Republican Party Legal Advocate Discusses Medical Abuse At Shut Down Georgia ICE Facility last_img read more

Read More

State cancels RFP for major IT project where CGI was the only bidder

first_imgby Morgan True vtdigger.org Negotiations for a second massive information technology project with the tech giant CGI officially fell through last week, state officials said. Vermont canceled its request for bids on the Integrated Eligibility ‘IE’ Solution Project on January 24. The project is meant to provide tracking and eligibility systems across programs administered by the Agency of Human Services.CGI was the only company to bid on the contract, said Doug Racine, secretary of the Agency of Human Services, and the state felt it needed more options.‘This is a big project and we need to explore our options to make sure we get the best vendor possible,’ he said.Racine said CGI’s poor work performance on the state’s health care exchange website was a factor in the decision to cancel and reissue the request for bids.The IE solutions project is much larger than building the IT systems for the exchange, and estimates of that contract’s value range as high as $100 million.VTDigger initially reported that negotiations with CGI stalled in December, amid ongoing frustration over the company’s spotty work on the Vermont Health Connect website.Vermont has paid CGI $19.3 million of the $83.7 million total for the exchange contract, said Mark Larson, commissioner of the Department of Vermont Health Access.Larson said he expects CGI to complete the work set out in its contract, but left open the possibility that the agreement could be amended.Vermont has collected the maximum $5.1 million in penalties for missed deadlines allowed by the contract. It’s unclear what might happen if CGI walked away from the contract without completing the work.CGI has ‘demonstrated the intent’ to complete the work demanded by its current contract, Larson said.‘CGI remains fully committed to delivering the robust functionality desired for Vermonters by Vermont Health Connect, using the most qualified staff needed to accomplish the work,’ a company spokeswoman said in an emailed statement.Larson does not have any ‘specific concerns at this time’ about CGI’s staffing level for the team working on Vermont Health Connect, he said.‘I know that they continue to rotate staff, and we have conversations about their staff rotations on a regular basis,’ he said.CGI’s contract is broken down into four categories that include design development and implementation of the exchange site, worth $32 million of which $5.7 million has been paid; premium processing, worth $2.6 million of which $448,000 has been paid; integrating the exchange site with other agency information systems, worth $18.8 million of which $3.7 million has been paid; and ongoing maintenance and operation of the site, worth $30 million of which $9.4 million has been paid.Vermont has the option to extend the ongoing maintenance and operation portion for an additional two years beyond what is covered by the current contract, Larson said.The exchange website lacks critical functionalities: small business employers cannot yet use it; users cannot make changes to applications, and the online payment feature still does not work.Part of the reason the state needed to cancel its request for bids on the IE solutions project was to ensure the work CGI is doing to integrate the Vermont Health Connect with the Agency of Human Services other systems isn’t duplicated, said Richard Boes, commissioner of the Department of Information and Innovation, which has an oversight role for large technology contracts.Overhauling ACCESS, the state’s legacy IBM mainframe operating system created in the early 1980s, is still a priority, Racine said, but since the original RFP went out in November 2012, his agency has expanded its vision for what services the system would integrate.Currently, the system doesn’t allow food stamps, fuel assistance and Medicaid to share information. This project would integrate those programs, he said.‘What we’re trying to get to is better case management,’ Racine said.The revised RFP for the project is expected to be released in March.last_img read more

Read More

President Obama on right side of history in US-Cuba relations – Jamaica PM

first_imgJamaica Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller and US President Barack Obama (Photo via Jamaica Information Service) Prime Minister of Jamaica, the Most Honourable Portia Simpson Miller, on Thursday told President of the United States Barack Obama that he was on the right side of history in US-Cuba relations. She said the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Heads fully embraced the recent positive developments on the matter. “We commend you Mr. President and President Raul Castro for this bold and courageous move to renew USA-Cuba bilateral relations for the common good of all our peoples,” she said during the brief opening ceremony of the CARICOM-US Summit in Jamaica at the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus. CARICOM says new US$70M initiative could spur youth… Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015 The Jamaican Head of Government stated that the United States and the Member States of CARICOM were uniquely positioned as strategic hemispheric partners united by fundamental values. She said there was a shared interdependence and desire to address common concerns including the threat to the security and well-being of citizens. Prime Minister Simpson-Miller noted that trade and economic relations remained vital to the sustainable development of the Region. She also emphasized the importance of joint action on the environment including climate change. “Our dialogue today reaffirms our strong partnerships and signals our desire to take CARICOM-US relations to a higher level, capitalizing on the gains of the past and exploring new opportunities for the future,” Prime Minister Simpson-Miller said. Turning her attention to the youth, Prime Minister Simpson-Miller said that the young people were the driving force behind increased cultural contacts in the hemisphere and served as a reminder that through advancement in technology the world had become a global village. She also encouraged the President to think about additional ways in which he could continue to inspire the youth. In her remarks, the host Prime Minister said that the CARICOM Heads of Government were deeply appreciative of the US President’s initiative to engage with CARICOM on Regional and international issues of interest to both sides. She said they were encouraged by his engagement, and voiced continued commitment to a partnership between CARICOM and the USA. “We anticipate fruitful and productive exchanges at our meeting today to move the development process forward in the Caribbean Region and the hemisphere of the Americas,” she said. Share this:PrintTwitterFacebookLinkedInLike this:Like Loading… US-Jamaica bilateral meeting                 April 9, 2015In “CARICOM”CARICOM Heads to meet US President in JamaicaCARICOM Heads of Government will hold discussions with US President Barack Obama on Thursday, 9 April 2015, during  a State Visit by the President to Jamaica. Prime Minister of Jamaica, the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller, in making the announcement in Parliament Tuesday, said the discussions will focus on issues…March 18, 2015In “CARICOM”‘We have to act now’ – President Obama on energy, climate changePresident of the United States of America Barack Obama said a key focus of the CARICOM-US Summit would be to discuss issues related to energy. He said the CARICOM Region had some of the highest energy costs in the world and noted that Caribbean countries were particularly vulnerable to the…April 9, 2015In “CARICOM”Share this on WhatsApp You may be interested in… Energy, Security, Competitiveness commitments: CARICOM-US… Apr 23, 2015 President Obama’s Town Hall Meeting with young leaders… Apr 13, 2015last_img read more

Read More

PELE’S Santos Futebol Clube of Brazil returns to the Caribbean

first_img Share Tweet InternationalLocalNewsPrintSports PELE’S Santos Futebol Clube of Brazil returns to the Caribbean by: – December 1, 2016 Press releaseThe Caribbean Football Trust Limited (CFTL) will create a monumental event in the history of Caribbean football. In 2017 there will be the official launch of the Caribbean League Futbol (CLF) featuring the legendary Pele’s Brazilian home team of Santos FC from Sao Paulo.In 1972 Santos FC, featuring three (3) times Brazilian World Cup winner “PELE” toured the Caribbean countries of Jamaica, Suriname and Trinidad & Tobago with much success.Now, in 2017, forty-five (45) years later Santos FC will take center stage in a Best of three (3) games series kicking off January 27 at the Windsor Park in Dominica continuing January 29 at the Arnos Vale Stadium in St. Vincent and then on February 4, the final game will be played atthe Andre Kamperveen Stadium in Suriname.The final game will be for the prestigious inaugural “ISLANDS CUP OPEN” and would be versus the newly established COMBINE ISLANDS FC. CFTL is also preparing to offer fans a “Major International Friendly” bonus game featuring two (2) major International clubs scheduled for February 1 in St. Vincent at the Arnos Vale Stadium.Several International Elite Marquee players will be representing the COMBINE ISLANDS FC team as guest players in all three (3) games. The names of these players will be announced in the upcoming weeks.The Caribbean Football Trust Limited (CTFL) has announced the establishment of the CLF:-. The CLF will be a professional twelve (12) week regional tournament with eight (8) teams competing for the league title and over three million USD ($3,000,000.00) dollars in prize money. This will increase up to five million USD ($5,000,000.00) dollars after the first three (3) years.After years of planning by the Directors of the CTFL and its partners, the Chairman and CFO of the CTFL, Chris Anderson made the announcement yesterday at a Board Meeting.“This is a proud moment for all of us in the Caribbean as there will finally be a very high profile professional league in the region and our players and coaches can earn a living participating in the sport they love,” said Chris Anderson.This announcement comes after support (as it relates to the concept and structure) was garnered from several regional Associations’ presidents as well as Heads of State and Ministers of Tourism. The vision of stimulating the regional tourism product and placing focus on Sports and Entertainment Tourism as a main platform to drive their Tourism products would be of benefit to the region.CFTL’s main focus is to establish across CARICOM member states modern sports and entertainment complexes, including sports rehab centers and vacation/ residential estate homes. These will be targeted to multi-million dollar earning athletes and entertainers. CFTL is confident that this aspect of the project is of utmost importance for the region.One of the major aims of the CLF is to fast track the development of young regional footballers and to show-case their talents on the international stage. This will lead to an improvement in the performance of Caribbean players whether at club or national level. It is hoped that this will result in more Caribbean member national teams appearing at FIFA World Cup competitions.In depth discussions have been on going with entities outside of the CONCACAF region. These include entities from Europe, the Middle East and Asia with regards to investment and sponsorship in this new CLF Intellectual property initiative. CFTL looks forward to finalizing the commitment of the first set of Marquee players and Head coaches. These announcements will be made within the next few months in time for the CLF 2017 kick off.The CLF shall be operational for a twelve (12) weeks period between June and August of each calendar year. The first official competitive season shall consist of scheduled games three (3) days per week: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, (all double headers) to be played in the selected countries in two (2) groups of four (4) clubs per hub. In addition to the regular season and its play-off Champions Cup titles CLF shall organize two (2) CLF All Star teams for annual friendly games at the end of each season to showcase the collective talent of the region. CFTL will host games in markets where international games are not regularly hosted.The schedule for the inaugural ISLANDS CUP OPEN Tournament 2017 will be as follows:Match Day Date Venue Game#1 January 27 Windsor Park, Dominica Santos FC vs Combine Islands FC#2 January 29 Arnos Vale Stadium, St. Vincent Santos FC vs Combine Islands FC#3 February 1 Arnos Vale Stadium, St. Vincent Potential bonus game TBA#4 February 4 Andre Kamperveen Stadium, Suriname Santos FC vs Combine Islands FC 375 Views   no discussionscenter_img Share Share Sharing is caring!last_img read more

Read More

Football News FIFA Delegation Inspects Stadium In Guwahati

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Guwahati : A FIFA delegation on Thursday inspected the city’s Indira Gandhi Athletic International Stadium and expressed satisfaction with the facilities. The FIFA delegation was accompanied by members of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the 2020 U-17 Women’s World Cup.FIFA’s Project Lead for the U-17 Women’s World Cup, Oliver Vogt said: “We are very happy to be back after 2017. We know the passion for football in this part of the country, and are confident we will repeat the success of 2017 if Guwahati is picked as a venue for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup next year.”Tournament Director of the LOC, Roma Khanna said: “It is really good to be back in Guwahati. As we know, this region is bursting with affinity towards football, as well as talent. We had a fantastic tournament in 2017, but that was the benchmark.“The support from all stakeholders has to be even better. The infrastructure from 2017 is in place, but some modifications need to come in.”The FIFA delegation will inspect the facilities in Bhubaneswar on Friday. The tournament will be held in India from November 2 to 21 next year. last_img read more

Read More

$250 Sunoco bonus on tap for IMCA Late Model winner at Dubuque

first_imgSunoco bonuses will be presented at Late Model sanctioned tracks this year. Drivers are eligible for one bonus during the 2020 racing season. Previous winners were Jeff Aikey at Independence Motor Speedway on May 23 and Matt Ryan at 34 Raceway last Saturday night. Hot laps are scheduled to take to the track at 5:30 p.m. with racing to follow. The third $250 Sunoco Race Fuels bonus of the season will be paid to the June 7 Late Model winner at Dubuque.  VINTON, Iowa – The payday got even better for the winner of Sunday’s main event for IMCA Sunoco Late Models at Dubuque County Fairgrounds Speedway. center_img Grandstand seating is now open, and fans will also have the opportunity to watch the night’s racing action by logging on to IMCA.tvor affiliate DoneRight.tv. The live streaming service will carry a one-time charge and will not require a membership.  IMCA will announce mid-week before the dates bonuses are to be awarded at each track. last_img read more

Read More