1 Kenedy is set to join Newcastle United on loan Chelsea midfielder Kenedy was undergoing a medical on Tyneside on Tuesday morning as he closed in on a loan move to Newcastle.It is understsood the 21-year-old Brazilian headed for the north-east on Monday night, after manager Antonio Conte gave the transfer the green light.Should the deal go through as expected, opposite number Rafael Benitez will get his hands on a player he courted during the summer as he looks to add pace and invention to the fight for Premier League safety.The former Fluminense ace is a wide man by trade and has been used in recent weeks by Conte as a wing-back, but has also played centrally.He has made five senior appearances for Chelsea this season, all of them in the domestic cup competitions.His capture would represent a significant breakthrough for Benitez, who had hoped to have his transfer business completed by January 20.Owner Mike Ashley has sanctioned investment this month with the club having slipped to within a point of the drop zone.Benitez is understood to be targeting a proven striker in particular with his side having scored just 22 goals in 24 league outings to date.
deals Getty Real Madrid ‘offer’ Isco to Chelsea in bid to ‘make room’ for Tottenham star Kieran Trippier could end a poor individual season by lifting the Champions League trophy with Tottenham Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Getty Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Walker won a historic domestic treble with Manchester City, while Alexander-Arnold has registered 15 assists so far this season.Trippier and Alexander-Arnold will go head-to-head when Tottenham face Liverpool in the Champions League on Saturday, LIVE on talkSPORT. LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS REVEALED Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won REPLY Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City Kieran Trippier’s move to Napoli has reportedly fallen through.The Tottenham right-back was axed from Gareth Southgate’s England squad for their Nations League semi-final against the Netherlands after struggling for form since last summer’s World Cup. LATEST 2 REAL DEAL huge blow Trent Alexander-Arnold has been in terrific form this season 2 gameday cracker Trippier, who scored a calamitous own goal in a 2-0 defeat to Chelsea in February, admitted he could have performed better during the season.In March, he said: “You need to play as many games as you can for your club and perform well as the manager’s always watching. It’s very good competition.“I could have done a lot better this season. I’ve picked up some injuries and there are games where I’ve looked back and thought ‘I could have done this better’ but it’s all about learning.” And The Sun claim Napoli have pulled the plug on a potential deal due to Trippier’s age.The former Burnley star turns 29 in September and Napoli are understood to be on the lookout for younger players.A club source said: “We will be pursuing a right-back, but will be going for a younger player, which is in line with the policy of the club.”Trippier has fallen behind Kyle Walker and Trent Alexander-Arnold in the England pecking order. Man United transfer news live: Haaland ‘wants a change’, two players off in January shining Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card no dice Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ tense