Alternate Conners (67) quietly leads Valspar

first_imgPALM HARBOR, Fla. – Tiger Woods discovered how tough Innisbrook can be in a swirling wind, and he was up to the task. Woods smacked his hands into an oak as he let loose of the club during a bold escape from the trees, came within inches of an ace on the next hole, and most importantly was among 27 players – just under 20 percent of the field – to break par Thursday in the Valspar Championship. Canadian rookie Corey Conners, who got into the field as an alternate not long after he failed to get through Monday qualifying, didn’t make a bogey until his final hole at No. 9 and shot a 4-under 67. That gave him a one-shot lead over Nick Watney, Whee Kim and Kelly Kraft. Only three other players, including former PGA champion Jimmy Walker broke 70. Woods made five birdies to counter his mistakes in his round of 70, the first time he broke par in the opening round of a PGA Tour event since his 64 in the Wyndham Championship in August 2015 – just six Tour events ago because of back surgeries. This was his first time playing the Valspar Championship, and it got his attention. ”I enjoy when par is a good score. It’s a reward,” Woods said. ”There are some tournaments when about four holes you don’t make a birdie, you feel like you’re behind. Today, made a couple of birdies, all of a sudden puts me fourth, fifth, right away. That’s how hard it is.” It was like for everybody, especially Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy. Full-field scores from the Valspar Championship Valspar Championship: Articles, photos and videos Spieth, who won at Innisbrook in a playoff in 2015, didn’t make a birdie after the par-5 opening hole and shot a 76. Only six other players had a higher score. Rory McIlroy, who like Woods was making his debut in this event, played in the morning and shot 74. Henrik Stenson, who played with Spieth and Woods, also shot 74. Morning or afternoon, it didn’t matter. There was a chill in the Florida air, and the wind made it feel colder. Ultimately, the wind swirling through the tree-lined fairways made it tough to get the ball close. Innisbrook produced the highest average score for the opening round – 72.86 – of the 23 courses used this season. Conners managed just fine, taking advantage of a tournament he wasn’t sure he would be playing. He went through Monday qualifying and shot 71, but moments after walking off the course, he was told he got in as an alternate. ”Kind of had a mindset of trying to take advantage of a good break, I guess,” he said. Watney holed a bunker shot on the par-4 16th, made the turn and had an eagle on the first hole. ”Maybe I need to steal a few shots here and there and get some good things going,” said Watney, winless since August 2012. Walker (69) and past Innisbrook champion Luke Donald (70) managed to go bogey-free, a rarity on a day like this. Also at 70 were Justin Rose, Masters champion Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott and Steve Stricker, who won last week on the PGA Tour Champions. Woods is playing his fourth PGA Tour event since returning from fusion surgery on his lower back, his fourth surgery since the spring of 2014. He has shown steady progress, and this might have been his most steady performance, even with four bogeys. Those were inevitable. One of the came at the par-3 fourth, when he was fooled by the wind and sent his tee shot sailing. It was next to a tree that Woods had to straddle just to advance toward the green. He also came up well short on the 12th into a strong wind. ”Into the wind, it felt like you just hit walls,” he said. Woods got within two shots of the lead by ripping a long iron from the top collar of a bunker on the par-5 11th and using the slope to chip close for a tap-in birdie. He dropped shots on the next two holes, going short into the wind on No. 12 and over the green with the wind at his back on No. 13. The only unnerving moment came at the 16th, when he tugged his iron off the tee into the trees. Woods realized he would hit the tree on his follow through, asking the gallery – thousands of them – to be careful in case the club snapped. He had to take it toward the lake on the right and bend it back to the left, and it came off perfectly. But it looked painful. Because he had to generate so much club speed, his left forearm and hands struck the oak and Woods dropped the club and winced on impact. ”It didn’t feel very good,” he said. Woods followed with a 5-iron that rolled just right of the cup for a tap-in birdie and finished with a long two-putt par after getting fooled again by the shifting wind. ”This is a tough golf course. Not too often in Florida do you find elevation. Great driving golf course,” Woods said. ”I asked Henrik, ‘What do you around this golf course when there’s no wind here?’ He said it’s still a hell of a test. We can all see that.”last_img read more

Read More

Brokers are back, but what about buyers?

first_imgShare via Shortlink Preparations kicked into high gear last week as the residential real estate industry waited with bated breath for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to confirm the city was moving into phase two of reopening, which allows for showings in the flesh.Agents, developers and brokerages blame the ban for a dramatic drop-off in sales and rentals. So hopes — and balance sheets — are depending on consumers to start showing up to see homes across the city again.But some things will be different. Masks, gloves, booties and hand sanitizer will be mainstays, as will health-screening questionnaires and even liability forms.But adrenaline is so high, said Bess Freedman, CEO of Brown Harris Stevens, that she has even had trouble sleeping. “The lead-up has been really intense,” she said.In addition to preparing for offices to reopen, Pam Liebman, CEO and president of the Corcoran Group, has been fielding client calls to refer to agents.“There is a lot of pent-up demand,” she said. “[Agents] are anxious to get back out there.”Jordan Sachs, CEO of Bold New York, said he anticipates a surge in listings and more activity on the streets as agents start pounding the pavement again.“Phase two is going to start bringing back the energy,” he said. “The brokerage community is going to come out swinging on Monday and they’re going to create that energy for consumers.”Not all agents are as gung ho, however.Trichter said she landed three new sellers as phase two approached but none wanted to list immediately, given lingering questions about so-called pandemic pricing.“We’re all raring to go,” she said. “But I think for the most part, most people are just going to wait and see what happens.”Matthew Lesser, Leslie J. GarfieldMatthew Lesser of Leslie J. Garfield agreed, pointing to the start of summer and end of the school year as a time when people check out. He said he has eight properties that he expects to list gradually over the next few weeks.“Things haven’t really changed for me,” he professed. “Buyers are out there, no question, and I think people are waiting to see what inventory hits the market and where they’re priced.”Deanna Kory, CorcoranCorcoran’s Deanna Kory is bringing six listings online Monday, but she echoed the sentiment, noting that with the July 4 holiday coming up, things will likely be slow. She also noted that there could be buildings that maintain their lockdowns and refuse to allow showings.“We don’t know what we’re walking into,” she said, pointing to one well-heeled building on the Upper West Side that’s only allowing showings between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.Roughly 15 percent to 20 percent of the hundreds of luxury buildings that property manager Orsid Realty oversees in Manhattan have no plans to relax their lockdown rules, which often includes barring guests from entering the building, according to executive vice president Dennis DePaolo.Most agents say that inaccessibility to a property now will be a dealbreaker.Noel Roberts, Nest SeekersHamptons-based Noel Roberts of Nest Seekers International recalled buyers requesting to walk the perimeter of a 1.5-acre property and peer in the windows. “We immediately crossed it off the list,” he said, “because they’re not going to make a $3 million decision on a house that they can’t see.” Showings have since resumed on Long Island.Lesser also said most of his clients would not close a deal without touring it.But given uncertainty about the economy, showings might not be enough to unfreeze the residential market. Ken Horn of Alchemy Properties, the developer behind the Woolworth Buliding’s condos, is expecting to complete construction on the sales gallery for his 378 West End Avenue condo in July.But he said he was “undecided, frankly” about when it might actually open, citing the typically slow summer months.Despite questions over whether showings will translate into buying, many, like Compass’ Ryan, feel deals are inevitable. Pricing, though, is another matter.“Just by the sheer nature of increasing showings, there will be an increase in offers and contract signs,” said Ryan. “It will be extremely interesting to see what those offers look like.”Write to Erin Hudson at [email protected] Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare via Email Share via Shortlink “Phase two is going to start bringing back the energy:” Residential brokers are coming back in full force, despite some reservations (iStock)For three months, McKenzie Ryan has had a war room to prepare for showings to restart in New York City.The Compass broker has written a Post-it Note with the name of every potential buyer who’s reached out to her.“That’s how I have to keep track of it,” she said. “I literally need a map.”Now, it’s go time.McKenzie Ryan, CompassAgents are excited, anxious or, in some cases, ambivalent as the ban on showing New York City properties lifts today.Some are binge-watching webinars on reopening protocols. Others are studying legislation, guidance and reems of documents prepared by their firms and the Real Estate Board of New York.“I’m reading, reading, reading,” said Sheila Trichter, a broker at Warburg Realty. “What are recommendations, what are rules, what are laws.”Read moreWhat phase 2 will look like for NYC real estateHealth screenings, liability forms: REBNY offers guidance for in-person showingsCuomo to NYC: “It’s on!” TagsCoronavirusResidential Real Estatelast_img read more

Read More

Airbus dan Audi Kolaborasi di Konsep “Pop.Up Next,” Konvergensi Kendaraan Darat dan Udara

first_imgSebagai salah satu perusahaan multi-nasional yang memiliki segudang pengalaman di dunia aviasi global, Airbus melihat kondisi ini sebagai satu keuntungan tersendiri untuk mereka. Dalam pemberitaan sebelumnya, Airbus diketahui tengah merancang sebuah drone otonom yang dimaksudkan sebagai angkutan futuristik. Dengan kondisi seperti yang sudah di jabarkan di atas, mereka memiliki kesempatan untuk merangkul manufaktur otomotif guna melancarkan misi bersama dan mengembangkan pasar drone.Seperti yang diwartakan KabarPenumpang.com dari laman newatlas.com (7/3/2018), Airbus berkolaborasi dengan Audi untuk menghadirkan Pop.Up Next, sebuah moda yang dapat berjalan secara otonom di darat dan juga dapat mengudara. Ini merupakan kembangan dari konsep Pop.Up yang pernah dipamerkan Airbus di Geneva Motor Show pada tahun lalu.Di darat, mobil mini dengan kapasitas dua penumpang ini mampu meluncur hingga mencapai top speed 100 km per jam dengan menggunakan baterai bertenaga 15 kWh untuk jarak tempuh 130 km. Jika anda terjebak macet, Anda cukup memesan salah satu drone milik Airbus yang tersedia di stasiun pengisian daya terdekat melalui aplikasi. Di sana, mobil Pop.Up Next akan diangkut menggunakan drone Airbus dengan teknologi khusus. Ketika sudah bertransformasi  menjadi moda udara, Pop.Up Next mampu menempuh jarak 50 km dengan kecepatan 540 km per jam. Keren, bukan?Sumber: newatlas.comDi sini, Audi berperan sebagai ‘motor’ dari Pop.Up Next versi darat. Keahliannya di bidang otomotif tidak lagi diragukan oleh dunia, termasuk bagian interiornya. Berdasarkan peta konsep yang sudah di buat, Pop.Up Next rencananya akan menyematkan sebuah layar berukuran 49 inci yang menggabungkan teknologi eye-tracking dan speech and facial recognition. Penggunaan bahan dasar Pop.Up Next versi darat juga tidak sembarangan. Audi harus menggunakan bahan se-ringan mungkin namun tidak mengesampingkan kekuatannya.Baca Juga: Prototipe Taksi Drone Ehang 184, Sukses Uji Coba Dalam 1000 Kali TerbangSehubungan masih berbentuk konsep dimana potensi perubahan di segala lini masih bisa terjadi, pihak Airbus sendiri mengatakan masih melakukan pertimbangan agar ‘moda dua alam’ ini mampu meningkatkan kinerja dan menekan daya. Kedua belah pihak masih enggan berkomentar mengenai waktu peluncuran dari moda futuristik ini. Jika sudah dipasarkan kelak, apakah Anda berencana untuk memilikinya?Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Like this:Like Loading… RelatedAudi Pop.Up Next – Terhambat Regulasi, Baru Akan Dirilis 10 Tahun Lagi01/12/2018In “Darat”Tidak Antar Penumpang, Moda Otonom Ini Ditugaskan Untuk Kirim Barang!18/02/2018In “Basis Aplikasi”Audi Pasang Banyak “Mata” Untuk Sistem Auto Pilot di Armada Anyarnya18/09/2017In “Darat” Bukan suatu  hal yang baru ketika dewasa ini banyak manufaktur otomotif yang mulai berupaya mencari ceruk usaha lain. Pasalnya, para pengusaha menilai bahwa penjualan mobil konvensional sebentar lagi akan menemui ‘jalan buntu’. Ya, kondisi kemacetan yang semakin tidak bisa ditolerir belakangan ini membuat para pengguna jalan seolah enggan untuk menambah koleksi kendaraan mereka.Baca Juga: Berusaha Tetap di Arus Persaingan, Porsche pun Turut Luncurkan Taksi Udara Otonom!Ketika pemerintah sudah berusaha untuk memperbaiki sistem angkutan umum agar volume kendaraan di jalanan dapat berkurang, namun para pengguna kendaraan pribadi tetap enggan untuk beralih menggunakan moda transportasi berbasis massal tersebut. Walhasil, kemacetan pun semakin meradang.last_img read more

Read More